Friday, January 6, 2012

Twas the night before Christmas...

Twas the night before Christmas
When all through the house
Not a creature was sitrring
Not even a mouse.
-"The Night Before Christmas"


Christmas at the Weirs did not happen, for us, on Christmas Eve, but it was still a festive and fun event.  Aaron riled up the girls with tickles, chasing, and piggy-back rides.


As evidenced in this picture.  The girls love to goof off with Uncle Aaron.


Aaron brother's Kevin and Josh were there, which was a real treat.  They had so much fun giggling with the girls.


All of the girls got new pajamas.  Riley and Jordan looked adorable, as did Taia; although she refused to pose for this picture.


I love this picture.  So cute of Riley and her Aunt Jill and Uncle Aaron.  Definitely a family resemblance.


We had an extra guest this year too!  Josh's girlfriend Cassie.  She was a welcome addition and we had lots of fun, some of it contributed by her willingness to embarass herself along with the rest of us.


The little girls even put on a "RIO!" play.  Taia wrote the script and Jordan and Riley co-starred.  They flew like birds, danced, and fully embarassed their chosen cast members.  (Which included myself, Uncle Aaron, Uncle Kevin, and Cassie)  Many of us were promptly fired for not following the script.  It reminded me of my musical theatre days:)


Many thanks to Becky and Brian for hosting the evening.


I look like a dork, but my husband sure looks handsome.  I am so grateful I get to spend my favorite time of year with the man I love.


Brutus did not come along, much to his dismay, but his Nana did get him an adorable ornament.  It was more for  Aaron and I, but it is DEFINITELY a true statement.  He is one spoiled pup.


My handsome brother posed for a picture with me in his uniform at Christmas Eve Mass.  Doesn't he look handsome?  I am so proud of him.



 My Momma and I sang at Christmas Eve Mass, as is tradition, and Cassie even joined us on some of the songs.  She did a fabulous job.  The night was beautiful and the whole family was excited to wake up on Christmas morning and see what surprises Santa had in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment