Friday, January 6, 2012

Cheers to a Bright New Year!

New Year's eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights.  ~Hamilton Wright Mabie


After the Christmas festivities were over, The Delicath & The Weirs packed everything up and drove to Peoria, IL for some Christmas celebrating with Grandma & Grandpa D.  This is a family-tradition and we were happy to be a part of it.  Brutus stayed home, of course, but had a great time with his puppy-sitters Jacqueline & Elliott.


We had a wonderful time.  Lots of fun, food, and car-playing.  The Men certainly rough-housed quite a lot, to my grandmother's dismay, but thankfully no one was hurt.  This is pretty typical.  My Grandpa used to stir up quite a lot of trouble, so these boys were just following in his footsteps.


New Year's Eve was a roaring success!  Our good friends and neighbors Abby & Jeff, whose wedding we will be attending later this year, hosted the night.  We played a board game, laughed, and had a great time with Abby, Jeff, and our friends Dani and Tim.  I cooked up a storm all day to provide many of the finger foods you see here including the stuffed tomatoes, hot spinach dip, and twice baked potato skins.  We had SO much food.


The champagne was delicious and we counted down to 2012 in style.  I had my first kiss of the year, with my handsome date Mr. Weir, and then it was time to get home and go to bed.


I was EXHAUSTED from the cooking I did and was asleep before my head hit the pillow.  It was a wonderful night and an exciting start to the New Year surrounded by good friends.



Life was back to normal, but Brutus was exhausted from so many days of special events.


He was happy to have Mommy and Daddy home with him for the days we had off work.


I have been wanting to catch a picture of his crossed paws and I finally got it.  Handsome boy.


Aaron and I are excited for the many events of this upcoming year including THREE weddings of some of our closest friends, summer vacation, and Brutus' First Birthday.


I am excited to celebrate another wonderful year of marriage and to finish another semester of graduate school.  Also, I am looking forward finding a backyard somewhere for Brutus to enjoy.


I am excited to see what 2012 will bring to The Weirs.  I have resolved to take more time for ME this year and to spend time making my marriage even stronger this year.  Happy New Year!  Cheers to a wonderful 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment