Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas day is in our grasp Christmas day is in our grasp So long as we have hands to clasp!

Bless us all, who gather here
The loving family I hold dear.
No place on earth, compares with home
And every path will bring me back from where i roam.
-"Bless Us All"


This is the first picture of Brutus' very first Christmas morning.  I think he could feel the excitement in the air when we all got up to open presents.  Aaron and I were very excited to see what he would do!  Look at that face...cutest Christmas Dog in the whole world.


Opening up stockings.


The presents under our tree.  I will confess that 85% of them....are for Brutus:)


Aaron reading the story of Christ's birth from our Family Bible.  Brutus was listening carefully, he wanted to know the reason for the season too!


I tried to get him to help me place Baby Jesus in the manger, but he was more interested in putting the wooden figurine in his mouth so I was his proxy.


Brutus opening up his very first Christmas ornament.  I am such a proud puppy momma!


Brutus even helped Daddy open up his presents!  At this point he understood that unwrapping something could mean a fun toy, treat, or accessory for him so he was totally into the whole deal.


Love from Daddy in his brand new blanket Mommy made for him.  I love the paw print on the fabric:)


Brutus' last present was the biggest and he was excited to see what it could be!


A box!  Just kidding.  That's what my Opa used to say when we opened up fun presents when we were growing up.


New Big Boy bowls and a bowl stand.  I have been very excited about this gift, he is really getting big and needed some big bowls to hold his three cups of food a day!  I also love that the stand makes eating easier and healthier.


Daddy had fun putting it together (such a guy thing) and it was all ready to go!  Brutus didn't really have time to eat much though because it was time to go over to Grammy and Papa's for Christmas morning with them!


Here our little boy is showing off his fancy new fleece coat!


This is only for cold days, we are not the kind of pet owners who dress our dogs up.  He does look darn cute in it!


Penny is a veteran at the present opening thing and she was trying to get involved in Brutus's presents too!  Aaron is opening Brutus's gift from Papa in this picture.


Another First Ornament!  There is a picture of this one later in this blog.  My Dad was so thoughtful to get this for his grandpuppy.  It is hilarious and is also personalized; it even has Brutus's name on it!  We love it!


I spoiled Cassie this year with a home-made present.


I made her a double-sided tie blanket.  She has been doing so well in volleyball (JV her FRESHMEN year at Villa and now on her Select/Club Team for the third year in a row) so I made her a volleyball themed blanket to take with her to her tournaments.  I think she liked it:)


The Delicath Men.


Mom and her Baby Girl:)


Penny was like this with me all morning.  She misses me, and I miss her too, so I was glad to have some snuggle time.  She is a sweet old girl.


Daddy was picture man...as usual.


We were all extremely blessed.  Everyone got what they wanted and I loved watching everyone open the gifts we had picked out for them.  That, to me, is the best part of the gift-giving of Christmas.


Pretty girl!  With the new Hedgie we gave her.


Electronics boy got something he wanted, a Blu-Ray Player!


My Mom was SO excited to get new comfy sheets for their bed.


My dad had the most presents of anybody and most of them, believe-it-or-not, were clothes!


There was some major puppy-lovin going on too.  Taddy and Marley were cuddling.


Aunt Cassie and Brutus were playing too!


Brutus managed to get ahold of all of Marley's new toys and decided a rousing game of keep-away was in order.  They are really becoming good friends.


Classic Brother-Sister Shot of these two goofheads.


My outfit may not match, not to mention it is pajamas, but this Cardinals-loving couple had a wonderful Christmas.  I love my hubby!


Christmas Day Eve was extra special this year because the whole family was there to celebrate.  Although we were missing some cousins, all the youngsters had a great time playing and catching up.  During The Program, we presented Grandmama & Opa with a very special collection of "Reasons We Are Thankful For Christmas At Grandmama & Opa's"which will be made into a book with pictures of all of us, including a family photo taken that night.  It was one of the best Programs we have ever had.  They were absolutely thrilled and surprised with the outpouring of love they received from everyone.


After all the feasts were had and the family dispersed, we were left with the feelings of cheer and utter happiness the holidays are meant to bring.  Aaron and I felt it was truly the best Christmas yet.  We watched "It's A Wonderful Life" and realized that Christmas, and every day, is not a time to focus on the negatives or the unfulfilled dreams, but a time to truly rejoice in the gifts we have been given.  And no, I don't mean the material things...


This Christmas we are especially thankful to have our wonderful boy joining us and we look forward to many, many more with him.  Brutus is truly a blessing in our lives.


Our families' love and support are also something we are truly blessed to have.  They affirm our marriage and give us more love than we could ever ask for.


I think the most important thing to remember this Christmas night is that many years ago God sent his Son to us so that He could live among us and, eventually, give His life for us so that we could be with him in heaven.  Sometimes I feel like I am already there with all the wonderful gifts He has surrounded me with.  Aaron and I wish all of you a Merry and Blessed Christmas and hope that you have something to celebrate this season as well as all those to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment