Sunday, November 14, 2010

fall is in the air!




A Christmas candle is a lovely thing; 
It makes no noise at all, 
But softly gives itself away;
While quite unselfish, it grows small.
- Eva K. Logue


It has been a blustery week, not to mention fickle, with so many warm days and the recent cool ones.  I have to say the pups certainly love the newly cool weather and enjoy sunning, prancing, and romping around in the leaves.



Aaron helped rake some leaves last weekend and learned how much Golden's love literally lying down in the pile of leaves you are raking up.  I personally would love to leap into a large pile of leaves...



BUT there are far too many spiders in that pile that I think about just before truly considering jumping.  I'm sure my husband would shake his head at this comment, knowing it is in fact true.


This week brought thoughts of the upcoming holiday celebrations, including mine and Aarons' upcoming 6-month-a'versary.  Someone recently asked me what the best part of being married was and so many things came to mind I was speechless.  I am sure I went into a ten minute description of our life together thus far and how special each day is with the man God chose for me.  Our day-to-day marriage calendar (yes, we saved it from our Pre-Cana class) had the answer a few days later:

The best part of being married is having someone in bed so it is never cold.
-Frank, married 50 years


This quote is, taken literally, true, but the underlying meaning describes perfectly the first thing I would answer the next person who asks me this question.


My husband really does keep the cold out of my life.  He is there when I need someone to tell that really random observation I just made that no one else would care about.  He is the person I love to be "just the two of us" with for the rest of my life.  I am never lonely when he is around. I always have someone who listens to me when I am angry, frustrated, sad, happy, hyper (that takes a special person in itself), and bubbling over with love.  I can only hope I do the same for him each day of our marriage.


This Christmas season my goal is to do my best to be grateful for what I have been given and to show those around me how lucky I feel to love and be loved by them.  

Yes, the picture above is our Christmas tree, lit up with a few extra light strands to make it extra twinkly this year.  I got excited when 102.5 KEZK started playing Christmas music and just HAD to put up the decorations.  There is just one special stocking missing from the fireplace, but it may soon appear due to a little Christmas magic.


The Christmas season also means family gatherings and traditions.  My beautiful family may seem like a zoo at times, especially when Aaron and I are sharing our lives with them in the same state for the first time, but every day we never fail to laugh at ourselves and find joy in the moments we share together.  


Especially if it involves margaritas with mom:)

That's something else I learned this week, that just because I no longer call my mom every day because I see her every day I can't forget about spending time being a wife.  Not that I do, but when you have the family you missed so close to you after time apart one you get a little overzealous.  So, this week I think I will make Tiffany's famous meatballs and get back to being the "housewife" I was in Chicago.


So here's to a holly-filled week and lots of Christmas shopping.  This year I have resolved to buy all the gifts before Thanksgiving so I have a few weeks to theme out a few special gifts.  Enjoy the chilly, "Christmasy" weather!




1 comment: