Sunday, October 23, 2011

dream a little dream...

"Go crazy, folks! Go crazy!" - Game 5 1985 NLCS
-Jack Buck


This past week and a half has been VERY exciting!  The Cardinals defeated the Brewers and became the NLCS Champions and advanced to the World Series.  This, in itself, is AMAZING considering their record in August.  Every game makes me SO nervous.  I am also superstitious when it comes to what I wear, where I watch, etc.  I am crossing my fingers, praying, and giving every wish I can muster that they do well.


Brutus LOVES the Cardinals.  Not only is he sporting a red collar, but he seems to like our big Cardinals pillow.


Can't get enough of this picture.  Such a big handsome boy.  Our little 15 pound pup has turned into a 50 pound teenager:)


There is no cuter Cards fan than my little boy.  He even dreams red:)


Baseball IS a great American pastime.  It brings the Weirs together.  We have been watching the games together.  The boys tend to stick together:)


Other than the baseball goings-on, we have been experiencing some chilly weather and Brutus is NOT a fan.  He needs snuggly blankets to keep him warm and even has trouble sleeping in his bed on the floor.  He prefers our combined body heat and sometimes literally sleeps under our covers.  Can you tell he's spoiled?  Here's some evidence: I warm his bed up with a heating pad before bedtime.


There was another exciting event yesterday evening.  The wedding of Eric Bouselli & Ashleigh Fountain.  Aaron grew up with a gang of guy friends (neighbors, classmates, the usual) and Eric was one of them.  Aaron and I were so excited to attend the wedding, especially because neither of us had any wedding duties so we were free to enjoy every minute of the ceremony and reception.  Jon & Traci Ritchey (whose wedding we attended right after our engagement) were there and we got to sit by them all evening long.  It was very exciting to have them in town and get a chance to catch up on their family's happenings.  Seems like they may have some exciting events coming up in their near future:)


The ceremony was beautiful: outdoors, perfect weather, and romance.  It doesn't get any better.


My handsome hubby and I were all smiles.  I even wore a Cardinals red wrap to keep warm.  What can I say?  I love my team.


LOVED the grey tuxes.  All the gents were looking snazzy as Eric anxiously awaited his bride.


The theme for the wedding was peacocks and the flower girl was so cute dressed up like one.  She even wore fairy wings with peacock feathers on them.  A very unique, "Ashleigh" touch to the ceremony.


Ashleigh was a stunning bride.  Her vows were very touching (I was in tears, no surprise) and I am so excited to see what adventures the two go on together.  


Eric had some tears during the ceremony.  I have to say....I LOVE a wedding.


Our place-cards were adorable, even if our last names were spelled wrong.  Everything was decorated with their theme and Ashleigh's mom did most of it herself.  The personal touches did not go unnoticed.


Our table-mates were tons of fun.  One was even sporting some Halloween colors.


SO nice to be expanding the Mr & Mrs club within our group of friends.  The Ritcheys and ourselves are the old married couples now:)  And they couldn't be more adorable.


My handsome Mister and I at the table.  We had so much fun celebrating with everyone.  I was sad to see the night end. 


The above picture is of the Cardinals '06 World Series win against the Detroit Tigers.  Let's hope we can see some similar celebrating very soon.  I had to put in this photo because during the reception they announced the score of the game and there was some hootin' and hollerin' when the Cardinals scored and then WON!


Today we celebrated my little sis's 15th birthday.  It was a wonderful night of family food, fun, and laughter.  Definitely got me excited for the upcoming holiday festivities.


Cassie didn't have the traditional cake, my Grandmama made some delicious lemon sorbet.  It's a good thing our family likes sweet & sour because that was some lemony sorbet.  Very yummy.


I wish everyone a wonderful Fall week and some extra pumpkin carving fun.  We will be watching our favorite Halloween movies, carving our pumpkin, and getting in the spooky spirit.  It is Brutus' first Halloween:)  Now I am going to snuggle up under the covers and get to bed.  All this excitement is tiring me out.  Night night, sleep tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment