Friday, September 9, 2011

i got the sun in the mornin' and the moon at night

In a houseful of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured.  ~Robert Brault


This is an after picture of our trip.  Brutus slept almost all day wrapped up in our laps and arms. He was so happy to have his Daddy and Mommy back home.  We arrived home at almost 3:30AM and he was so excited he wanted to spend almost two hours playing with us before we could finally get to sleep.


Let me get back to before we left.  Brutus went on a trip with me to Petsmart to get a new collar, red this time.  His puppy collar was, sadly, too small, so he upgraded to his interim collar until he gets his leather big boy collar.  He seemed to know he was growing up.  He even wanted to wear it home.


Brutus has taken to sitting on the couch, just so, to observe what's happening outside the window.  Now that it's nice, we have the windows open and he loves to look out and listen for his furry and human friends in the neighborhood.


I was busy packing and prepping for the roadtrip.  I stocked up on snacks, including making some homemade chocolate chip cookies for the passengers, and packing as lightly as possible we were ready to go.


Brutus tried to keep us home with some serious displays of cuteness, but we had to leave.  We knew he was in good hands with his trusty puppy-sitter Elliott.

So we left after my Thursday evening class, got on the road at about 10pm and arrived in Baltimore at 1:30pm the next day.  It was a surprisingly easy trip.  We had many helpful drivers and Jordan was an angel.  After checking in to the hotel we all had a quick shower and went straight to the rehearsal.  Despite a short detour for Aaron's contacts, all went smoothly and then went out to an AMAZING restaurant for the rehearsal dinner.


We had a blast meeting Chantal, the bride's, family and friends.  The bridesmaids, including her sister, kept everyone laughing.


The brothers bonded and the food was delicious.  You can't go wrong with filet and lobster.  It was a wonderful time.


There was some foolery at the end of the night, but I think 15 hours in the car and a few beers breeds some pretty silly behavior.


The adult table was calmer, but they were laughing too.


The next morning we got all dolled up and were ready to see Matt & Chantal get hitched.


The wedding was outside of a beautiful historic home and the setting could not have been more romantic.  A little rain before the guests arrived cooled it down, and then the skies cleared up and the sun was shining.


Jordan was the cutest gal there and sat in the front row with her mommy, Jill.  Brutus was there, in Jordan's imagination, and also got a front row seat.


The fall themed floral arrangements were the perfect final touch on the outdoor ceremony.  Definitely brought back some memories of my own wedding.


Jordan was VERY excited to see Chantal in her "beautiful white princess dress."


She did have one thing to do before the ceremony started.


Take Brutus to the grass so he could go potty before the wedding began.  After all, Jordan insisted he sit quietly through the entire wedding.


The groom showed up, just kidding Matt, and the wedding could begin.


The mothers were stunning.


And my husband was very handsome.


I think he had an advantage, though.  He has a little experience with weddings.


Then it was the moment we had all been waiting for.  The bride.


Matt had tears streaming down his face, despite his brave face the night before, and I could not help, but cry with happiness for the couple.


Chantal was absolutely stunning.


Her dress was beautiful and the detailing made me jealous:)


The couple's faces were filled with pure joy.


The ceremony was beautiful.


My wonderful mother-in-law read one of the Scripture readings.


They exchanged rings.


Took part in a sand ceremony.


And then they became husband and wife.  And sealed it with a kiss.


The cocktail hour was very relaxing, my husband was off taking pictures and I enjoyed spending time with my in-laws while enjoying a lovely glass of vino.  I even had the pleasure of bustling the bride's dress.  Then it was time for the party to begin and the couple started it off with their first dance as husband and wife.


They fooled everyone while pretending not to know what to do and then broke out into a choreographed waltz.  They were fabulous.


I loved the uptempo song for the parent's dance.  Jan was enjoying herself!


Jordan snuggled with her Uncle Josh and even danced with him a few times.


They were adorable and both quite good at their moves.


There were many beautiful family moments, but none as precious as Jordan with her Nana.


The newlyweds cutting the cake.


My hubby enjoyed the cake.  He then surprised me with our first dance song.  He had requested it from the DJ and they worked together to create a very romantic moment.  My husband is so thoughtful and it was wonderful to bring back memories of our Big Day.


After a wonderful weekend celebrating Matt & Chantal's wedding and spending some fun family time with The Weirs it was back to home sweet home.  Aaron and I were so glad to get back to our little boy and he was happy to have us home.  There was a loss in the family when we got back.  Brutus' favorite stuffed toy, Daisy, who also happened to be his first girlfriend had to be thrown away due to loss of stuffing.  We took a final commemorative picture of them together:)


There was another exciting wedding the same day as Matt & Chantals' that I could not attend BUT I had to include the pictures my Dad graciously took for me in my blog as congratulations to Maria & Tony Miller on their recent wedding.


What a beautiful couple.


Proud Papa Gensini.


Their cake looks delicious and I love the color choices.


My beautiful Momma and Grandma attended the wedding and reception and got a picture with the beautiful bride.


The ringS!


Cute favor bags.  I got one too!


The back of her dress was incredible.  I am so sad I did not get to see it in person.


First dance.


Maid of Honor.  These two have been best friends since they were little.  I remember many sleepovers and camp-outs with these two.


Man, life seems boring now after all the weddings and excitement.  I think Fall is the new Summer in terms of wedding season.

Speaking of seasons, football season has started!  Hooray! (Now my hubby has permanent dates with the TV on Thursday and Monday nights and all day Sunday.)  Go Chiefs!


So enjoy the start of football season and the beginning of my new favorite season, fall.  The weather is beautiful and the leaves have already started turning in New Town and I am looking forward to the many exciting holidays and fall happenings.


After all, fall means Christmas is right around the corner.  Here's to family, friends, and fun times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment