Friday, September 9, 2011

buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks!

That's baseball, and it's my game.  Y' know, you take your worries to the game, and you leave 'em there.  You yell like crazy for your guys.  It's good for your lungs, gives you a lift, and nobody calls the cops.  Pretty girls, lots of 'em.  ~Humphrey Bogart


Poor little Brutus has recently gone through a bout of puppy flu and was quite happy to find some special food in his bowl.  He got ground beef and white rice for 5 days and could not have loved it more.  I think he was a little disappointed when he went back to his regular puppy chow.


He certainly was spoiled while he was sick.  Daddy cuddled him lots on the couch.  My handsome boys.


And then it was time to go back to school.  My first week was a blur, especially since two of my classes had to be switched around at the last minute.  Thankfully, I think ahead so it was all cleared up.  I get to take some really exciting classes this semester, including Elementary Teaching Methods and Beginning Conducting.  The Elementary Methods class confirms my desire to teach the younger bunch.  I hope I get the opportunity to do so:)



My wonderful husband's 29th birthday was on August 23rd, during my first week of school.  Although we didn't have an elaborate celebration, I made his traditional cake mix into cupcakes.


I even decorated them with his favorite football team's logo.  I think he enjoyed them:)


I feel very lucky to celebrate every birthday with my husband, this happened to be the fourth birthday we have celebrated together, and we made the most of the school night.


I made his favorite pasta, Pasta Carbonara.  The best part of this particular birthday was that it was Aaron's first as a Daddy, well Puppy Daddy.


Brutus joined in on the celebration and even barked in Daddy's face EXTRA just so Aaron was sure to know he cared.


Isn't he the sweetest thing you've ever seen.


The neighbors came over to share in the dessert and brought Brutus' friend Rambo along for some playtime.  This was the best picture I could get of the two pups playing.  Clearly Brutus thinks he has the upper hand.


Aaron received on very special present from my parents for his birthday, diamond box seats at the Cardinal game.  I had already given him his grill as a VERY early birthday gift in April so this was definitely a great surprise.  He was in baseball HEAVEN!


One of many Cardinal game photos, and many to come.


We were so close I couldn't help but take some great pictures.


We got to see all our favorite players up close and personal.


I told Aaron that it made them seem like real people to finally see them so close up.  Previously they just seemed unreal.  I know that sounds strange, but it was so true.


I mean Pujols was right there!  It was incredible.


It was Willie McGee night so all the old cards players were rocking out their jerseys.  The cardinals wore their old-fashioned uniforms too!


Ozzie Smith was there too!  No backflips, but he threw a great second pitch.


The pitchers were all out supporting their team.


We got there early and we were definitely happy we did because we did not miss one moment of the baseball experience.


My handsome husband was even happier when the Cards hit a home run and started winning!


The only bad moment was when this guy, who was sitting in front of us, ripped a ball from my hands that just happened to be thrown by Lance Berkman.  It was rather rude, and our seat mates told him to give it back, but he was extremely "UN-chilvarous" and refused.  Well, that was that.  However, it was not a tragedy, for the best part about catching a ball at a game is the story you get to tell as a result.  And I still had a story, so it was all right in the end.



The game was wonderful.  Our players played well and they actually ended up winning.


Brutus was very sad we had been gone for so long, so when we got home he needed lots of attention, especially from his Daddy.


This was Saturday morning.  The boys slept in.  Exactly like this.  Can you tell he likes his Daddy?



We attended our first evening of RCIA classes, which was a "get to know you ice cream social" and I enjoyed being there with my husband as he learned more about the Catholic faith.  I am excited to go on this journey with him, wherever it leads, and for him to get more involved in such a big part of my life.


After a busy two weeks, we prepared for a LONG LONG LONG roadtrip to Maryland for my brother-in-law's, Aaron's oldest brother's wedding.  15 hours in the car there, 15 hours back, with  7 people, one little girl, and a nighttime drive.  It was not setup to seem like an appealing situation.  HOWEVER, don't judge a book by its cover... because the inside of that book may turn out to be a surprising, and lovely story.

No comments:

Post a Comment