Saturday, June 18, 2011

i got sunshine on a cloudy day

There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself.  
~John Gregory Brown, Decorations in a Ruined Cemetery, 1994


I wanted to take a moment to thank the Lord for my wonderful Daddy.  Thank you for sending me a wonderful father and friend.  He has given me everything...and more.  Thank you for giving me such a wonderful dance partner...


Fellow adventurer and organizer...


Funny man and punching bag...


True example of love in marriage and support for one's children and wife...


Thank you especially for giving me a father who had the strength to give me away to another man's care.  Another man whom he loves and accepts with an open heart.


Thank you Lord for my Dad.  He is the best and greatest earthly Father I could have ever asked for.  Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment