Sunday, May 8, 2011

raindrops on roses

For me a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog.
Roger Caras


Since my last post there have been some exciting developments in the Weir household!  My husband used his beautiful new grill for the first time.  Doesn't he look manly?  I have been forbidden from getting close to or hovering while he is grilling...


I guess I did get pretty close taking this picture, but don't those burgers look yummy!  I put together some taco burgers, one of our favorites, in honor of the first use of the grill.  They were delicious, thanks hubby!


I had the honor of being asked to be my little sister Cassie's confirmation sponsor.  We have been doing lots of service and reflection together and this past Thursday was her Confirmation.
I was so proud of her as I stood by her side and witnessed her becoming an adult in the Church.



Several of her classmates were confirmants as well.  They dressed to the nines for the event.


The archbishop gave an excellent and compelling homily and was quite a hoot during the pictures afterwards.  Cassie looks beautiful and filled with the Holy Spirit.  For some reason my dress is hanging quite strangely in this picture, but no matter, it was certainly Cassie's day.


There were 73 other candidates who were confirmed alongside Cassie.  They were a great group!  Aaron was inspired by the Mass and by the observing he has been doing throughout our relationship.  He had a nice conversation with Grandmama before the Mass and discovered that she was not born into the Catholic faith, but converted while in nursing school.  He announced his decision to join the Catholic Church that evening when we got home and everyone, including my parents and grandparents, was overjoyed at the news.  I am particularly excited to share in the experiences of RCIA with him and to truly connect with him in a spiritual way.  I am so proud of him and that his decision was well thought out and was made on his own.  The announcement came as a surprise even to me!


This weekend we met the newest member of the Weir family: Brutus!


Brutus is the sweetest little pup.  He is a full-bred brindle Boxer.  He will be 8 weeks old when we bring him home May 16th!


He certainly knew who had to be won over.  He cuddled with me immediately.  He seemed to know I was going to be his puppy-momma!


The sweetest face EVER!  In the above picture he is basically saying "Put me down!  I want to play!"


And play he did.  We took him, and some of his brothers and sisters, outside to play in the yard. Aaron had a blast getting to know his little boy and watching him pounce around the yard.  He is not quite as steady on his feet as he thinks and he plopped down a few times.  It was adorable.




Then we went inside and he was getting tuckered out.


Or so we thought...until he showed us his climbing skills under the coffee table.  The breeders were delightful.  Very loving and they have even started calling him by his name.  They even had an adult male boxer, Bear, who was quite the lap dog.  He was very sweet and one of the main reasons I fell in love with Brutus.  Seeing what he will look like when he grows up, for the most part, really got me excited to bring the little guy home.


I will definitely feel sad taking him away from his brothers and sisters, and his mommy, but I know that Aaron and I will be great puppy parents.  He will have aunts and an uncle to play with too.  I am sure the first few nights will be the hardest, but as soon as he is potty trained and trustworthy he will be sleeping up in our room with us every night...on the floor that is:)

The day before Mother's Day, Jan, Jill, Jordan, Taia and Riley came over to see our new home.  They loved the playgrounds, the lake, and even watched "Tangled" for a bit.


They wanted to take some silly pictures.


Jill and Jordan were cuddling and posed for quite the Mother's Day photo.



Jordan was very excited about our new puppy and played with her pretend puppy the whole time she was over.  She even put him to bed in Brutus' crate before going home.  She was very sweet and told Aaron and I that we had to be quiet because the puppy was sleeping.  It may be the other way around in a week when it's time to go to bed.





Today we had a lovely brunch at the Columns, also the place where Aaron and I had our wedding reception, for Mother's Day.  It was delicious and a family event to be sure.  We had lots of love for our mommies and grandmommy!

So now we wait for May 16th.  We are so excited and couldn't help ourselves, but go out and get our puppy supplies this afternoon.  


His water and food bowls are out.


His bed is in the living room and stocked with fun (and safe) toys.


His crate is clean and cozy.


And we even have his puppy tag ready for when we pick him up.


Oh, and let's not forget the puppy treats! (Or the chew deterrent spray either)

We are so excited.  I can hardly study for my exams and Aaron is dying for this weekend's road show at Costco to be over.  Brutus you are loved and already a very spoiled boy.  We cannot wait to bring you home and give you all the love we have to give.  I am even going to start making some yummy natural homemade doggy treats.  See you very soon little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment