Sunday, March 20, 2011

i feel so much spring within me!

Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"  
~Robin Williams


Today is March 20th, the First Day of Spring, and my husband could not be happier.  He HATES winter and he gets to go to Phoenix for some extra warm weather this week too.  Spoiled...

Warm weather makes me think about all the things about my life that I love, so I decided to make a list of some of the things I have been thankful for this week!

#1  My Husband

Spring always re-energizes our relationship.  We both love being outside and this warm weather reminds me of last year when March meant our wedding was only 3 months away.  It's crazy to think that we only have 3 more months until our 1 Year Anniversary.  Fr. Don talked about our wedding in his homily this Saturday at Mass, and told me before Mass started that he loved being a part of such a beautiful ceremony.  Mass is always special at Borromeo because it is the church where we got married.


Sometimes I wish I could re-live that day.  It was the best day of my life.


I am so excited to move into a new townhouse/ apartment, get a puppy, and celebrate our anniversary in the coming months.  I love my hubby!

#2  My Family

Family has always been important to me, I am so glad we are living in the same city and state as my family and family-in-law.  I love, love, love being able to see them anytime I want.


I am so glad I no longer call my Mom every day, now I just get to see her and talk to her in person.


And I get to be here for all of Cassie's special events.  Like the school Talent Show, where she made everyone cry with her beautiful voice.  I was so proud.


The eighth grade dance was pretty impressive and a fun experience for Cassie's class.  They are all ready to graduate and move on to the next chapter of their lives.


And I am home everytime Tad comes home.  I am not looking forward to the time I will be separated from him during his military career, so it is important to me to spend lots of time with him now.  This picture is not, coincidentally, one of him at home, but he and Veronica look so beautiful I had to include it.  Not to mention it is right before the Military Ball, during which he got a reward for outstanding performance during training.

#3  My pups

Penny is my love.  She is loyal, loving, and always there for me.  We have spent almost 10 years together and I love her like I do every member of my family.  


She certainly enjoys the warm weather.  Along with her buddy...


Doesn't look like a nine-year-old dog to me...


She and Aaron have quite a time playing together outside.  Looks like someone is jealous...


That's ok Marley, you get love too, even though Aaron spends most his time taunting you.

I love Penny and seeing her recover from a black eye (actually it was more like a bloody eye-ball) and act like a puppy again.

#4  Faith

Faith is truly the foundation of my life.  Without God and his Son, I would not have any of the blessings of this list or the hope and positivity I possess for my future.  God has truly blessed my life and continues to every day.


Everything that has happened to me in my life thus far was part of God's plan.  And what a wonderful plan it has been.


Aaron and I were very involved in choosing every aspect that went into our Wedding Mass.  I am thankful that God was the most important part of our wedding.  Faith in God and in the love my husband has for me is what makes my life truly awe-some.

#6  Cousin Time

This weekend we spent some pretty great cousin time with Tiffany, Kevin, and their beautiful girls Rachel and Ally.


Rachel was one of my flower girls and she had a blast at the wedding.  She collected quite a few bags of our jelly bean favor bags.  We stayed the night at the Tibb House this weekend.  We enjoyed a yummy fish dinner and played lots of games with the girls.  We also got the pleasure of watching a movie with Kevin and Tiff and shared some great stories with each other.  They have done quite a bit of traveling in their day and we hope to have some fun adventures ourself. Europe I hope you are ready because we are planning on visiting you on our next big vacation.


Ally enjoyed the jelly beans at the wedding too, and some dance-time with the Maid of Honor.


I had to put this picture in because it was hilarious that the dress Tiffany wore as the official "backstage" Mom was almost the exact same color as the bridesmaid dresses.  She fit in perfectly.  Kind of ironic considering she was a flower girl almost 29 years to the day in my parents wedding on our Wedding Day.

#7  The soon-to-be addition to our family

Ever since gettin' hitched, Aaron and I have been looking forward to adding a bundle of fluff to our family and we are FINALLY getting a puppy this summer.


I mean seriously, look at that adorable face.  We cannot wait to play outside, take walks with, and show off our new puppy.



We have debated what gender we would like the pup to be and I think we are pretty solid on getting a boy.  I cannot wait to share the news of his arrival into the Weir family in a few months.  Our pup might even get to play in the water like the pup above.


I am so grateful for all the wonderful things in my life, this list is not the be all end all of my list.  I am also thankful for many other things, including my wonderful, supportive friends.  I have not found that truly special friend here in St. Charles yet, but we have only been back in town for a short time and I have been beyond busy with school, work, and building the Weir household.


The next big holiday is Easter and I can't help but put a few cute bunny pictures on my blog for you to enjoy.  So cute.

Chicks are an Easter thing too, and they also make me think of spring and warm weather.  Unfortunately I can't fully enjoy the warm weather all week long, because my hubby will be out of town on a business trip to Phoenix, AZ and I am performing in the Lindenwood Chorus' Spring Concert.  Not to mention we are in the process of buying a new car and looking for our new home.  Have a warm, springy week everyone, I will be a busy gal, but a very thankful one for this beautiful weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment