Saturday, February 5, 2011

it's a boy!

Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?  But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window. 
 ~Steve Bluestone


After much discussion and deliberation my husband and I have decided on what kind of dog the newest member of our family will be...a brindle boxer!  Isn't the picture adorable!  My husband love boxers and after years of thinking he wanted a lab he changed his mind.  Boxers are very smart, very silly, and very energetic.  Sound familiar?  Aaron has a lot of the same characteristics.  

We are getting a boy pup and the tentative name we have picked out is Brutus.  Not a cutesy name like the one I would have chosen, but since he will be a boy and will technically be my hubby's pick so I think it's appropriate.  Boxer's are so cute, they have such great personalities and even the way they look lets you know how much fun they will be.

Other than the family pups, don't worry Penny you are still my favorite, I have never had my own dog and I am excited to get my first during the first year of marriage to my amazing husband.  Aaron and I plan on getting a golden retriever down the road, my life just wouldn't be complete without one, and will then have two happy, healthy pups in our family.  Coincidentally, when we start trying to have kids we would like two as well, one boy and one girl.  BUT you cannot control those things and when we do start trying in 8 years or so we will be overjoyed with the precious gift God gives us, no matter its gender.

So we are excited, Aaron said last night that he knows how much I love taking care of things (examples: him, my little sister, my family) and is excited to watch me play mommy with our puppy.  The most exciting part will be that this dog will be ours.



The first year of marriage is full of exciting firsts and this be a very exciting first, not only because it is our first dog, but because it is the first dog either of us will be completely responsible for.



So Brutus, or whichever name we decide on, we are saving up for you.  You will be one of the most spoiled dogs on the planet and Aaron is excited to give you lots of walks and playtime.  As am I, but I am also excited for the cuddling and training.  We already love you and are excited to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment