Sunday, January 23, 2011

students, start your engines!

The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows. 
 ~Sydney J. Harris


Tomorrow I go back to school.  It seems strange to say that again as I was not planning on saying it for the rest of my life after I finished my undergrad.  I am nervous, excited, and ready to be on my way towards getting certified as a Missouri educator and becoming a Music Teacher.


I am getting a Masters in Education with Specialization in Vocal Music.  In other words, I want to become a music teacher in a grade school much like the school I attended when I was young.  My music teacher inspired my love of music and helped shape the voice I was gifted by God.  I cannot wait to step foot in my own classroom with eager, young voices ready to learn and love music in their individual ways.

After a hectic week and many, MANY phone calls from Grandmama & Opa directing us what to do in light of the disasters and snow I am ready for things to calm down.  My poor husband has been putting up with my high stress levels and I am sure at one point or another I looked much like the woman below.


But, as he always does, he calmed me down and helped me relax.  I am a worrier and am working on living in the moment and not stressing about events the next hour or day or week.  As always, I am grateful for my patient and loving husband's comforting presence even in the most stressful moments.


So wish me luck as I embark upon this journey of education and continue to follow my ever-changing dreams.  Thanks be to God for helping me see my true calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment