Sunday, October 17, 2010

comin' home



Home is a place not only of strong affections, but of entire unreserve; it is life's undress rehearsal, its backroom, its dressing room.  ~Harriet Beecher Stowe



After spending a blissful year in Chicago exploring the city and enjoying our newlywed status we have moved back home to Missouri.  I am blessed with a beautiful, supportive family and I know we are both excited to begin building our home here as well as finding our place in the family traditions that were so much a part of my childhood.

This time last year we were in Chicago, "enjoying" the chilly, rainy weather.


We are now feeling nostalgic in this beautiful St. Charles fall!  I am most excited to carve a pumpkin and sit on the porch and hand out candy to the adorable little goblins in our neighborhood.  




I have to say the adventure of the week was sitting next to my wonderful husband as he drove a huge moving truck the 300+ miles to St. Charles.  Not to mention my obsessive compulsiveness in unpacked EVERYTHING in one day.  I think I drove a few people nuts, including my husband.  However, it is all unpacked and organized to BOTH our likings. 


Now that we are back in the city we are ultimately starting a home and a family in I am getting anxious, although I have my parents' adorable pups to snuggle, to get our own bundle of fluff.  



I am excited to add our own pup into the mix of family dogs.  However, my patience will have to hold out as we aren't quite ready for a dog.  I am excited to go back to school so I can start sharing my love of music with kids.  

So, we will see where this new adventure leads us.  Farewell Chicago, you weren't this couple's cup of tea.  Hello St. Charles!  We cannot wait to begin this stage of our marriage in such a beautiful historic city.

Beautiful Downtown St. Charles...

Family dinner tonight after a day filled with football and a trip to Petsmart.  It will be fun to laugh with my hubby as he discovers the cooky, crazy Delicath household in these next few months.  My little sister's birthday party is next weekend and I am the official chef for the evening's meal; for the first time AH!  Wish me luck and have a wonderful week...enjoy the beautiful fall weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment