Sunday, October 24, 2010

it's the birthday girl!

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another's desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. ~Erma Bombeck


Cassie's birthday party was the first Aaron and I have shared as newlyweds.  I was excited to be part of the preparation and cooking.  My hubby could not have been more helpful and I loved that he joined my Dad at the grill.  I put my domestic skills to the test in the kitchen cooking homemade fettuccine alfredo.


I even got to wear the adorable apron Aaron got me for my birthday!  After the cooking was finished (and let me tell you cooking for 25 people is much different than cooking for 2), everyone came over and I couldn't help but catch up with everyone.  In the midst of my "socializing," I forgot the whole cleaning up part of cooking...oops.  Mom to the rescue!

It was extra special to be living in St. Charles with my husband joining in on a Delicath tradition (now a Weir tradition as well).  Although we are still at the kid's table, we got to catch up with cousins Tiffany and Kevin and their beautiful girls Rachel and Ally.  

Cake time, the best part of any birthday party, was extra yummy since Cassie chose the cutest Hello Kitty! cake.


Needless to say, she was the princess of the day and the cake was very yummy.  She received so many special gifts, including a beautiful pearl bracelet from our Daddy.

As usual I spent a lot of time with little Ally and Rachel coloring and playing with their new glow fairy wands (courtesy of my creative Mother).  We also watched part of The Little Mermaid which brought back memories of childhood Disney movie nights with Cassie and Tad.  


I'm pretty sure we even caught the girls' Dad watching some Disney princess action too...


Guess that's what Aaron has to look forward to if we are lucky enough to have our own little princess someday.  Speaking of kids, I enlisted Rachel's help in taking care of our kids and was reminded that we still have quite a few years before we start thinking about adding another member to the family.  I can't help thinking about carrying on the Diehr - Schneider - Delicath - Tibbs tradition.  

The party was a blast and being part of the cooking and the preparation was such a joy for myself and my hubby.  Makes me look forward to hosting our own Weir family gatherings.


In other news, I was lucky enough to get a job working for the company that created and owns Furminator; the special dog brush.  Penny got a new brush as a gift from the company and I was also invited to the annual chili cook-off at the office this coming Friday.  It is so wonderful to be welcomed so graciously into my new workplace, even though I get to work from home I love knowing I have great people working with me at the office. 

I am excited about my new job and even more excited it will fit so well into my upcoming school schedule.  Homework, homework, homework time is always on my mind when I think about school.


I am looking forward to my first work week and spending my first Halloween as a married woman with my husband.  So everyone enjoy a boo!tiful week and here's to a spooky Halloween and lots of candy corn (my personal fave)!  

No comments:

Post a Comment